Job title: Unit Clerical Assistant
Company: Texas Children’s Hospital
Job description: We are searching for a Unit Clerical Assistant-someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position you’ll perform receptionist and clerical responsibilities for assigned unit. We need someone who can represent the Hospital, utilizing effective customer service skills, ensure that hospital visitation guidelines are followed and that the waiting area is used appropriately, and to assist the families of patients in obtaining needed information.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience as secretarial/administrative coordinator in hospital/doctor’s office is preferred
- Knowledge of basic secretarial functions and excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Ability to operate office equipment, telephone system, personal computer, facsimile and photocopy machine
- Demonstrates good time management skills
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication
- Serves as a receptionist to all visitors, provides appropriate information upon request, and accurately takes and delivers family messages, locates families at request of health team members
- Positively interacts with other members of the health care team, in order to meet the needs of the patient and family
- Promptly and courteously answers patient calls and notifies the appropriate clinician of the patient’s need
- Greets all visitors courteously with respect to social, cultural, and ethnic needs
- Demonstrates cost effective materials management by maintaining and ordering supplies, appropriate par levels, and proper equipment and functioning as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Ensures Chart Lite contain all necessary forms that are clearly labeled, as measured by supervisory observation, verbal/written feedback
- Ensures daily charges are entered, audited, and reconciled to include follow-up on discrepancies as measured by supervisory observation and accuracy of reconciliation reports
- Incorporates the use of available software programs to meet unit needs as measured by supervisory observation
- Greets all persons entering and exiting the unit and provides identification stickers to visitorsSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org .
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children’s without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 23:07:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!