Job title: Director Of Research Administration
Job description: Responsibilities
- Evaluate and administer a SPA education and on-the-job training program by analyzing and further developing curriculum, tools, and resources to ensure consistent onboarding practices and training on systems, procedures and policies.
- Actively address and respond to emerging needs by designing and delivering training for new Principal Investigators and others in the research community on grant management and research administration.
- Utilize existing leadership programs to promote professional development in areas like time management, innovation, coaching, mentoring, strategic and critical thinking, conflict resolution and networking.
- Collaborate with Research Compliance Office, Research Operations and other ancillary offices in monitoring new regulations and policies that impact Research Operations and determine area(s) of accountability for ensuring compliance; train staff on relevance to research administration activities and help to ensure compliance when SPA is the designated area of accountability; communicate to SPA community by using multiple tools and techniques such as newsletters, quarterly RAMP meeting, intranet, forms, handbooks, and best-practices documentation.
- Oversee internal or external Research Administration Pipeline programs along with
- Workforce Development and SPA Teams to continue to grow and support careers in Research Administration.
- Collaborates with Executive Director on any changes to structure and processes for pre-award support activities and to support grant submission training for research community.
- Develop metrics for monitoring and assessing performance of Sponsored Programs Administration; analyze workforce trends, Research Administration and Sponsored Programs Contracting metrics, program evaluations, and best-practice data to provide continuous process improvement for SPA Teams.
- Collaborate with SPA Directors to evaluate quality assurance, effectiveness, performance metrics to ensure that work is performed with high quality and compliant standards
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 to 8 years of related experience in sponsored research administration, and 1-3 years of management and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading successful training programs and process improvement initiatives.
- Broad understanding of hospital, university and sponsored research environment.
Must be located in RI, NH, MA
Onsite requirement once a month
Actalent is a global leader in engineering and sciences services and talent solutions. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts who drive scale, innovation and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please email for other accommodation options.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 08:53:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!