Job title: SVP, Director of Credit Administration
Company: First Home Bank
Job description: BayFirst National Bank is a full-service community bank and national SBA Lender founded in 1999 and headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida. We are a true community bank, and our unique model is grounded in supporting the strength and heart of our communities: individuals, families, and small business owners.
We are both current and comfortable for the broad customer base and communities in which we serve. We are socially responsible and understand our duty to the economic impact of the underserved. As a progressive and innovative organization, we are constantly moving forward in the changing world around us by acting with speed, simplicity, and decisiveness to meet our customers on their terms as products, technologies, and customer experience expectations evolve.
Understanding that our employees are our most valuable resource, we are committed to providing career development opportunities, flexibility, competitive compensation, and best-in-class benefits to our entire workforce. As an organization, we encourage open communication in an environment of mutual respect, where hard work is rewarded, and a professional but informal atmosphere is valued within the workplace.
The SVP, Director of Credit Administration will provide credit risk management and thought leadership for all lending products, with a focus on guaranteed government lending. This position will compile and report key metrics, highlight potential areas of risk and identify emerging risks. This position a critical component of BayFirst’s credit risk management process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Primarily responsible for credit reporting, including management and Board reports. Work with lending product owners and risk management on developing, compiling, analyzing, and reporting key metrics to lines of business and risk management analyses to senior management and the Board of Directors. Risk management reports require extensive writing as reports are detailed and provide information necessary to understand credit risk, why metrics have changed and what the bank is doing to mitigate those risks.
- Supervise annual review officers and ensure annual review process is effective and timely at identifying credit weaknesses. Ensure proper loan risk rating, including review of all loan risk rating changes.
- Work with lines of business on changes to existing products and new products to build metrics to measure the success and risks inherent in these products.
- Review and analyze reporting on exceptions and various tickler reporting and assist Chief Credit Officer in managing these processes to ensure appropriate credit administration practices are being adhered to.
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer with bank examinations and internal audit activities.
- Work with the Special Asset Group to review and assess asset quality reporting on past dues, early defaults, non-accruals and other metrics needed to effectively manage and report on problem assets and determine appropriate loan grading.
- Assist Chief Credit Officer on other projections not specified
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field
- Understanding of government guaranteed lending risks, conventional commercial and commercial real estate.
- Preferred to have knowledge of consumer credit risk practices and reporting
- Required to have at least five years of experience in credit administration or related area
- Preferred candidate to have formal credit training and government guaranteed underwriting/lending experience
- Required to have formal credit training from a financial institution or similar experience
- OCC regulated bank experience preferred.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Outlook and other analysis software.
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in mathematics to build analytical tools.
- Experience Business BBI preferred.
- Must be inquisitive and creative in regards to analyzing and reporting trends in credit quality.
- Maintains knowledge of BayFirst National Bank policies, risk rating requirements and compliance standards.
- Must be capable of working independently.
- Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory changes that may impact lending and credit risk.
- Ability to lead project teams; also works well in a team-oriented environment.
BayFirst National Bank believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic business goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Location: Saint Petersburg, FL
Job date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:36:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!