Job title: Texas Certified Special Education Elementary Teacher
Company: The Monarch School and Institute
Job description: Texas Certified Special Education Elementary Teacher
The Monarch School and Institute is dedicated to providing an innovative, therapeutic education for individuals with neurological differences—such as those associated with autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder, learning disabilities, Tourette syndrome, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, traumatic brain injury and seizure disorders. We offer a learner-centered approach that helps students progress in Four Core Goal areas.
The Professional Educator is responsible for implementing the Monarch Integrated Mythology in order to strengthen relationship development with all students. Their primary responsibility is to support student growth in each of the four core goals of The Monarch School.
REPORTS TO THE PROGRAM DIRECTOR
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid Teaching Certification to meet state requirements – the certificate is to be uploaded with your application
- Certification in Special Education – the certificate is to be uploaded with your application
- Certification in grade-appropriate Elementary Education – the certificate is to be uploaded with your application
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Teacher with sufficient time spent in the teaching of special education (preferred)
- Professional Educators will learn and implement the Monarch Integrated Methodology in order to strengthen relationship development with all students.
- Professional Educators will work with and learn from the Therapy Services department and Therapeutic Support faculty in order to ensure consistent language, actions and experiences for our students to support their therapeutic needs.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of student treatment plans.
- Learns curriculum models as directed; e.g., social mapping, cognitive coaching, relationship development (DIR®), sensory integration, reflective teaching, problem based learning and academic focus areas.
- Implements instructional strategies and programs as directed by academic leadership.
- Plans and implements lessons that address individual differences and student learning styles.
- Supports and coordinates students’ therapeutic agenda in coordination with Leadership Team.
- Reports student progress in designated formats at specific intervals and in a timely manner.
- Appropriately supports and supervises students/learners at all times.
- Supervises lunch, carpool, off-campus activities and community/Greenstones meetings as scheduled or as necessary.
- Facilitates a Student Committee, if assigned.
- Builds Monarch community by supporting extracurricular and/or social events beyond the school day.
- Cooperates with Program Director to set and attain yearly goals.
- Participates in continuing professional education for the improvement of the school as directed by the Program Director.
- Be knowledgeable about and able to reference the Faculty Handbook and Parent/Student Handbook.
- Punctually attends and actively participates in staff meetings, faculty meetings, and in-services as requested.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates cooperative team skills and is collaborative.
- Supports and models the philosophy, goals, and visions of the school in words and actions.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technology/computer skills-broad knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Promethean board, Google apps and web-based learning.
Working conditions range in a wide variety of challenges and deadlines. The best candidate should be able to perform well under pressure, think logically, remain calm, and be a great problem solver. Although the position is emotionally rewarding, and provides endless opportunities to have positive effects, it can be stressful at times. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Frequent standing, kneeling, stooping, and bending. Ability to move desk, classroom equipment and adaptive equipment.
Highly professional, confidential, and friendly environment.
Posted on: 04/11/2022
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:41:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!