Job title: Surgical Technician – Education reimbursement
Company: Waterbury Hospital
Job description: At Waterbury Hospital we offer :
- Sign on bonuses for experienced technologists up to $7,500.00
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Free Parking
- Education reimbursement
- Shift incentives
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Working under the direction of the RN, the Surgical Technologist functions in the OR as a surgical scrub performing a variety of technical and other activities following established methods and procedures.
- Assist the surgeon or interventionist as a scrub technologist or assistant, providing and assisting with instrumentation and supplies as needed.
- Consistently demonstrate expertise in scrubbing and assisting surgeons. Prepare cases by utilizing preference cards and seeking out information from heads of service.
- Scrub according to O.R. policy and AORN standards. Be aware of breaks in technique and immediately report them and initiate intervention.
- Anticipate physician’s needs as it relates to the specific procedure and patient population.
- Assist other team members to meet department goals.
- Assist the RN in providing care, offer suggestions and collaborate to improve the plan of care.
- Maintain awareness of room assignments; participate in setup and clean-up; maintain required supplies, instruments and equipment according to type of case; care for specimens and cultures. Ensure patient safety as well as safety for team members and self. Perform sponge, instrument and sharp counts according the OR Policy, maintains knowledge and practice of sterile technique.
- Promote teamwork and effective working relationships.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Assume educational and professional development.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of a national accredited surgical technology program.
- Ability to obtain surgical technologist certification from a national certifying body no later than 18 months after completion of national accredited surgical technology program.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to see tiny objects (i.e. small needles, eye sutures, ear tubes, prosthesis and lenses).
- Manual dexterity and coordination in order to assemble complicated equipment (drills & lasers).
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including exposure to all patients’ elements (i.e.,
blood borne pathogens) * Physical requirements: lifting and pulling of patients, heavy supplies, pushing stretchers, and standing and walking.
- May be exposed to environmental hazards such as anesthetic gases or by-products.
- Exposure to radiation, hazardous chemicals, toxins, electrical hazards and loud noises.
- BLS certified required
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital procedures.
- Perform automated functions that fall within job responsibility.
THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION COVERS THE MOST SIGNIFICANT DUTIES PERFORMED BUT DOES NOT EXCLUDE OTHER OCCASIONAL WORK ASSIGNMENTS NOT MENTIONED, THE INCLUSION OF WHICH WOULD BE IN CONFORMITY WITH THE FACTOR DEGREES ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB.
Location: Monroe, CT
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:59:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!