Job title: Semiconductor Fab Maintenance Technician
Job description: How brave are you? We are a high-tech company providing machine tools and laser technology, and are looking for people who can face new challenges with a fresh mind. As an independent family company, we offer you the freedom and trust to put your brave ideas into practice. With you on board, we would like to power ahead with the digital networking of the manufacturing industry. Our passion and creative drive ensure that we are an innovative force – across the globe at over 80 TRUMPF locations.
Maintenance Technician Summary
Position is responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and installing advanced production/manufacturing equipment for the Semiconductor Fab at TRUMPF Photonics. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer’s specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed with flexibility to work other shifts depending on business needs.
Maintenance Technician Role and Responsibility
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair wafer fab production equipment to ensure equipment uptime during production.
- Own troubleshooting activities and maintain/update documents accordingly.
- Consistently works on complex assignments with high degree of independence and initiative to resolve root cause.
- Work from technical manuals, specifications, drawings, schematics and verbal instruction.
- Perform administrative maintenance duties including maintaining Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules, PM reports, troubleshooting reports and re-order, maintain and organize equipment spare parts.
- Own shutdowns and startups during all facility activities on all affected semiconductor equipment.
- Oversee or perform general housekeeping.
- Mentor, Train and provide support to other personnel on equipment maintenance.
- At least 2-year technical degree with 7 years of experience
- Semiconductor equipment experience (MOCVD, PECVD, PVD, Wet Etch, Dry Etch, MBE, Photolithography, etc.).
- Strong mechanical aptitude in facility equipment required (compressors, heat exchangers, chillers, cryo-pumps, robotics, etc).
- Able to work safely with toxic gases, hazardous chemicals and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Ability to work with high voltage, confined spaces, climb ladders, lift to 75 lbs, and frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling.
- Ability to recognize issues and prevent/handle them efficiently and effectively in a safe manner.
- Basic PC knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Multitasking & prioritizing in a high-pressure environment without a lot of direction or management
- Experience with kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and lean manufacturing methods.
- Write work instructions.
- Occasional weekends and overtime possible depending on business needs.
- Troubleshoot and view programs to PLC’s .
- Repair and calibrate pneumatic assemblies to meet up with job specifications.
- Install electric parts and electronics using equipment including soldering irons, and multimeter.
- Electrical controls troubleshooting with 480 volts down to 24volt DC experience.
- Experience with electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays, installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting).
- Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Able to work safely with toxic gases, hazardous chemicals, and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls.
- Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
- Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
- Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
- Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.). Review rating instructions.
- Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
- Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
- Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
- Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or other protected class.
TRUMPF Inc. endeavors to make TRUMPF careers pages accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance in completing the applications process, please contact our HR department at or at . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and can not be used to inquire about the status of application.
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Job date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:41:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!