Job title: Real Estate Accountant
Company: NorthPoint Development
Job description: *This position will sit in the Kansas City office.
Curious about a career with NorthPoint?
NorthPoint is a real estate developer that has grown through combining an entrepreneurial spirit and empowerment of its team members. We are looking for a Real Estate Accountant to keep up with our ever-changing projects and provide support to the accounting department. NorthPoint provides an inclusive environment that cultivates collaboration and mentorship. Our core values set the foundation of our culture and guide us in every business decision.
We truly believe, and I’m convinced, we have some pretty incredible assets. But those assets have all come from our people. – Nathaniel Hagedorn | CEO.
How We Put You First:
At NorthPoint Development we ask a lot of our employees, which is why we give so much in return. In addition to your competitive salary, we offer market-leading benefits and perks:
- A selection of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k with 100% match up to 6%, immediately vested upon enrollment
- Scholarships and paid professional development
- Robust Reimbursement Programs: Dependent Care, Tuition, Wellness Spending Account
- Onsite gym
- Mental Health Reimbursement
- Childcare Reimbursement
- $2,000 annual HRA and HSA contribution
- Free catered lunches every day + fully stocked kitchen
- Parental Paid Leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Living Generously program with 100% charitable contribution match
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate with Development Managers to help prepare, maintain and monitor construction project budgets for new projects, primarily through the Yardi accounting system
- Communicate with Development Managers on coding invoices, getting approvals, making budget revisions, preparing ad-hoc reports, and providing other timely support
- Prepare monthly construction draw packages for lenders
- Compile monthly and quarterly financial reports for NorthPoint and its investors
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries as part of closing out financial periods
- Work closely with property managers to prepare annual operating budgets and forecasts for each entity managed
- Complete bank reconciliations on a monthly basis for all entities managed
- Manage and track the funding of capital for each project, whether through partner/investor equity or loan funding
- Assist in preparing capital outlay reports
- Assist with the preparation of annual tax returns and financial audits
- Prepare depreciation and amortization schedules to accurately track assets
- Depreciate and amortize fixed and intangible assets using proper accounting principles
Are you passionate about pushing the limits? Are you looking for the freedom to forge your future? If so, we want to talk to you!
Who You Are
- Accounting or business degree required
- Master’s in business or accounting (completed or in progress) preferred
- CPA or desire to obtain a CPA license preferred
- Two or more years of work experience preferred
We understand if you’re waiting until after busy season to make a change – and we are more than willing to work with that!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:20:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!