Job title: PT Clerical Assistant, Accessibility Services, Danvers Campus – North Shore Community College
Company: North Shore Community College
Job description: PT Clerical Assistant, Accessibility Services, Danvers Campus
Monday – Wednesday, 9am-2pm & Thursday 9am-1pm
GENERAL STATEMEMT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for providing administrative support for the Executive Director and staff of the Accessibility Services Office. The ideal candidate must possess the ability and temperament needed to support a student-centered office. Successful candidates must exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills and enjoy working with students. The candidate must be detailed oriented, have a high level of productivity and possess a strong administrative skill set.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide general administrative office support to the Director and Accessibility Services staff to include:
- Oversee the administrative functions of the office of Accessibility Services
- Respond to a variety of telephone, in person and email inquiries regarding Accessibility documentation requirements, directing calls within the office as needed.
- Scheduling of appointments for Accessibility Services staff members as needed
- Draft emails for internal and external communication that may be of a confidential nature.
- Create and maintain computerized database in Banner including the scanning of confidential documents.
- Develops and maintains student confidential files, records and database as required by Accessibility Services.
- Submits online requisitions for purchasing of Accessibility-related materials and products.
- Prepare letters and other documents using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Respond to inquiries from supervisor, faculty/staff, students and the public, which may include accessing electronic data in Banner
- Other related duties as assigned consistent with the position.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Executive Director of Wellness and Accessibility Services
- One year of related clerical experience in a customer service setting or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to interact effectively with instructors, students and the general public.
- Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations.
- Must be detail oriented, possess strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as ability to work in a multitask office.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced and confidential environment.
- Familiarity with digital imaging (scanning and indexing of digital files) preferred.
- Knowledge of Banner or other integrated student database system preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Sign product preferred.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or a National background check as a condition of employment.
SALARY: $18.00 per hour. Non-benefited position, 20 hours per week
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in it programs and activities as required by Title IX or the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Action of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquires or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Nick Royal, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination or the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. North Shore Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College’s Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistic Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College’s website by clicking .
Submit resume and cover letter outlining how your experience meets the qualifications of the position. Resume review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Expected salary: $18 per hour
Location: Danvers, MA
Job date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:10:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!