Job title: Network Administration, Senior Associate
Job description: Responsibilities
Peraton requires Network LAN/WAN Administrators to support the Special Operation Command Information Technology Enterprise Contract (SITEC) – 3. Positions are located at the SOCOM Headquarters at MacDill, AFB FL, and at the TSOC and Component locations in the United States and abroad.
The purpose of the Special Operations Forces Information Technology Enterprise Contract
(SITEC) 3 Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) Task Order (TO) is to provide
USSOCOM, its Component Commands, its Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs),
and its deployed forces with Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services to maintain Network
Operations (NetOps); maintain systems and network infrastructure; provide end user and
common device support; provide configuration, change, license, and asset management; conduct
training, and perform Install, Move, Add, Change (IMACs) services. The responsibilities and tasks associated with each requirement play a pivotal role to USSOCOM, the CIO/J6 organization, and ultimately the end-user who operate around the globe 24x7x365.
The Network LAN/WAN Administrator performs Tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. This position provides administration of network and communications systems, including, but not limited to, Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems. The Administrator must have solid technical skills, with experience in a variety of network protocols, software, and hardware involved in LAN and WAN operations. This position requires strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills, along with good communication abilities. The Network Administrator must have comprehensive knowledge of Government hardware, software, and network components. The Administrator is responsible for creating monitoring reports and managing equipment logs, as well as ensuring the functionality of links. This position coordinates network administration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team as well as identifies, analyzes, and documents long-range requirements, and administers resources related to the enterprise network. The Administrator shall prepare technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines, and critical paths required for complete solutions. The Administrator is required to research applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance. The Network LAN/WAN Administrator plans for and provide reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, and throughput). This position prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives. This position shall provide full lifecycle support of LAN and WAN infrastructures. The Administrator shall follow the designated network standards for the design, installation, and maintenance of LAN and WAN infrastructures.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing installation, tuning, testing, operating, monitoring, upgrading, patching, break/fix, defense, and management of WAN and LAN routing and switching infrastructure hardware and software including network hardware and software.
- Planning, designing, engineering, configuring, installing, operating, maintaining, defending, troubleshooting, and repairing LAN/WAN capabilities, including point-to-point circuits, satellite connectivity, dedicated Internet connections, and broadband Internet connections including necessary additions and changes to associated routers, switches, and encryption devices.
- Planning, designing, engineering, configuring, operating, maintaining, defending, troubleshooting, and repairing LAN PORs.
- Planning, designing, engineering, configuring, operating, maintaining, defending, troubleshooting, and repairing WAN infrastructures, including necessary additions and changes to associated routers, switches, external USSOCOM and commercial provider circuits and encryption devices.
- Planning, designing, engineering, configuring, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing WAN Programs of Record (PORs).
- Planning, designing, engineering, configuring, operating, maintaining, defending, troubleshooting, and repairing the Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) architectures of USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces.
- Planning, designing, engineering, configuring, maintaining, defending, troubleshooting, and repairing classified and unclassified wireless LANs, including wireless access points and their interconnection to the wired infrastructure.
- Provisioning, operating, managing, and monitoring LAN/WAN Virtual Private Network (VPN) services to securely connect remote elements and mission partners over the SIE and shared public IP networks, while ensuring compliance with applicable DoD, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), DISA, United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), and USSOCOM policies, procedures, regulations, and directives.
- Troubleshooting LAN/WAN voice, data, and transmission networks and evaluate the effect of architectural changes on them.
- Implementing network and security access
- Configuring, updating, monitoring, managing, troubleshooting, and documenting routers and switches in the USSOCOM LAN/WAN networks.
- Collaborating and coordinating with external Government and commercial circuit providers to expedite the restoration of circuit outages.
- Participating in and support LAN/WAN exercises
- Some positions may require shift work and/or an ability to work a non-standard work schedule to support the USSOCOM mission
Positions are contingent on contract award.
Salary range is based on geographical location.
2 years with BS/BA; 0 years with MS/MA; 6 years with no degree
- Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- A minimum of four years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network Candidates must have experience with current technologies and, where required for the task, emerging technologies.
- DoDD 01-M IAT II AND CCNA OR CC DevNet Associate OR Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA) certifications required
- A DoD security clearance at the TS/SCI level is required.
Target Salary Range
$66,000 – $106,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Expected salary: $66000 – 106000 per year
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 07:29:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!