Job title: Facility Maintenance Technician – 1st shift
Job description: Position Summary:
The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for promptly and safely performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures, and systems. Install, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of facility plumbing, mechanical, electrical, heating, and cooling systems. Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance duties. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of Penske Logistics.
Why is Penske Logistics for you?
We take pride in offering a competitive wage: $23.25 hour
*This is a Union Position, pay rates are non-negotiable for this role.
- 1st. Shift: 6:00am – 2:30pm
- Weekends required
- Two consecutive days off
- Perform daily equipment inspections and make repairs as required
- Perform basic repairs on electrical including 480V Power and mechanical systems
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of facility plumbing
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance in the areas of painting, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, dock door hardware, and all related building components including generators
- Conduct maintenance service using the Maintenance Work Order system in a timely, orderly, and efficient manner
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings, ensuring a safe work environment for all employees.
- Support operations department by providing suggestions and developing solutions as needed.
- Performs work in a wide variety of conditions, such as heat, cold, and moisture
- Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor
- Be a point of contact during off shift hours for facilities issues
- Associate- degree or equivalent from technical school or 2+ years of proven facilities/general maintenance experience required
- High School Diploma required
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical equipment including 480V Power, maintenance, plumbing, and repair
- Working knowledge of HVAC heating and refrigeration equipment, maintenance, and repair
- General maintenance will include concrete floor repair, metal repair to include fabrication and welding, painting, and sealing
- Basic knowledge of how facility fire suppression systems operate
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, documents, and drawings, for repairs and parts ordering.
- Self-starter who demonstrates professionalism and can work independently.
- OSHA and safety training certifications preferred
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Requires walking, standing, squatting, bending, and kneeling with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines, or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Job Category: Warehouse
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 26090 23 Mile Rd
Primary Location: US-MI-Chesterfield
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2326037
Job date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 08:32:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!