Job title: Education Assistant, Physician Assist Studies Administration
Company: UT Southwestern Medical Center
Job description: Why UT Southwestern?
With over 75 years of excellence in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, UT Southwestern is committed to excellence, innovation, teamwork, and compassion. At UT Southwestern, we invest in you with opportunities for career growth and development that align with your future goals and help to provide security for you and your family. Our highly competitive benefits package offers healthcare, PTO and paid holidays, on-site childcare, wage, merit increases and so much more that are all available on the day you start work. UT Southwestern is honored to be a Veteran Friendly work environment that is home to approximately 800 veterans. We value your integrity, dedication, and the commitment you’ve made to our country. We’re proud to support your next mission. Ranked by Forbes as one of the Top 10 National Employers, we invite you to be a part of the UT Southwestern team where you’ll discover teamwork, professionalism, and consistent opportunities for growth.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is hiring for Education Assistant, Physician Assist Studies Administration
The Education Assistant will schedule and maintain calendar for Didactic Phase; Schedule classrooms for didactic courses. Set-up for lectures; Student Exam Coordination and Proctoring; Management of Courses in D2L; Administer Course/Lecturer Evaluations; Prepare Course Group Leader Notebooks; Complete Consultant and Lecturer Forms for courses; Exam Soft student enrollment/opening of courses each semester; Make department copies as needed; Front office coverage rotation; Assist with a minimum of one Meet and Greet/Interview; Committee Service;
Experience and Education
- High school graduation or GED and three (3) years secretarial/administrative experience.
Scheduling and maintaining calendar for Didactic Phase
- Mapping out dates/times for each block, coordinating the lectures within the hours allotted, contacting lecturer, making adjustments as necessary, and sending confirmation emails with learning objectives
- Once lecturers are confirmed, update Outlook calendar
- Email class calendar changes when the need arises
- Assist with making sure that we have the materials necessary for certain lectures: materials for clinical skills; make bags for diabetic project;
- Teaching Peer Reviews – once completed by faculty, save on the “O” Drive under Evaluations under appropriate course, semester and year; email to lecturer with Faculty thank you signature; shred hard copy.
- Schedule all classrooms for didactic courses • Schedule all lectures in the Mediasite software
- Semester scheduling to include syllabus, overviews, objectives, booklists, posting course information to D2L (Brightspace) for PAD I Fall, PAD I Spring, PAD II Summer – Register semester course listings in Student System; GIVE FACULTY ACCESS TO ALL COURSES
- Post Didactic Exams
- Proctor Didactic Exams
- Maintain, distribute and finalize results of semester evaluations for Didactic courses/Lecturers
- Set up for lecture
- Communicate with lecturer about their ppt and make sure we have it prior to lecture
- Once ppt is received, save on R drive and post to D2L
- Greet lecturer and offer water/coffee
- Make sure their ppt is up, recorder is available; close out when they are done
- Download the audios from the recorder to the R Drive and post on D2L/Mediasite
- Create schedule for each semester for the students for Simulation Center
- Create Patient Evaluation III OSCE student schedule
- Email Badge Access Control contact to be sure that the students and all faculty/staff has access to the clinic
- Prepare PE I, II, III Group Leader Notebooks
- Complete Consultant and Lecturer Forms for Patient Evaluation I, II&III
- Enter UTSW Instructors/Lecturers into People soft before each semester for didactic courses
- ExamSoft student enrollment/opening of courses each semester
- Provide back-up support for proctoring exams as needed
- Schedule and assist Faculty Liaison with Class Officer Elections each year
- Other Duties as assigned by Department
- Make department copies as needed
- Front office lunch coverage rotation (Every Tuesday; 1st and 3rd Friday) and as-needed VSL coverage.
- Assist with staffing summative exam on an annual basis
- Admissions & Recruitment; Assist with one Meet & Greet/Interview session each year
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Excellent written communication skills
- Attention to Detail
Internal Training Classes Needed:
- Peoplesoft – Student System – Ongoing
- Peoplesoft Financials – Payment Request
- Peoplesoft – Travel and Expense
- Brightspace – D2L
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about the benefits UT Southwestern offers, visit https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/employees/hr-resources/
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information. UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status.
To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:38:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!