Job title: Commercial Finance Manager
Company: Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits
Job description: What You Need To Know
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with roots that go back to 1933 . We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer’s offers a competitive compensation package with expected first year total earnings between $104100 – $124920 / year including incentives. This salary range is an average range for this position. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate’s education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Manager, Commercial Finance serves as a business partner to the Commercial Sales and leadership team(s) in delivering gross margin performance through effective pricing and promotions as well as implementation and monitoring of the annual sales plan for volume, revenue, gross profit, etc. Supports and manages supplier and SGWS investments in the market as it pertains to the supplier planning process and overall supplier financials.
- Create reporting metrics and analyze various data related to company performance; determine opportunities for improvement in areas such as inventory closeouts, pricing/programming strategy, supplier Revenue & Gross Margin/brand mix
- Oversee supplier A/R and address major concerns
- Supplier bank management on funding requirements & spend analysis against budgets and agreements; provide monthly bank reconciliations
- Provide support in overall management in supplier & SGWS investments in the market including, price supports, tactical spending, funding requirements
- Work with multiple functions to achieve desired profitability and sales goals through an analysis of daily sales, supplier funding, and support, development/implementation of new item pricing, oversee price increase analysis
- Responsible for implementation of standardized reporting, tools, and processes to ensure consistency and efficiencies in performance reporting and analytics
- Responsible for gathering relevant data to assist field sales and marketing teams in the analysis of brand and market financial trends
- Manage brand pricing strategy, deal approval, and pricing reporting functions; track results and prepare recommendations, ROI analysis, and presentations
- Provide analysis and support as required for supplier reviews, quarterly business reviews, and ongoing business performance management
- Provide information and analysis of pricing and promotional activities that uncovers issues, drives effective use of trade spends and assists in delivering volume, inventory, and profitability
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities
- Bachelor s Degree plus five years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting
- Experience with P&L responsibility, financial planning, and pricing management in the CPG industry; or related work experience with an industry supplier and wholesaler
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer’s pay bands or ranges.
Nearest Major Market: Long Island
Nearest Secondary Market: New York CIty
Job Segment: Marketing Manager, Outside Sales, Bank, Banking, Financial, Marketing, Sales, Finance
Expected salary: $104100 – 124920 per year
Location: Syosset, NY
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:22:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!