Job title: Clerical Secretary- PACU
Company: Texas Children’s Hospital
Job description: We’re hunting for a Clerical Secretary, someone who’s ready to be part of the best ranked children’s hospital in Texas, and among the best in the nation. In this position, you will perform receptionist and secretarial responsibilities for the unit/department and represent Texas Children’s Hospital utilizing exemplary customer service skills with all patients, families, visitors, and health care team members.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides customer service to patients, families, visitors, and health care team members.
- Serves as a receptionist using service-oriented verbal and nonverbal behavior. Greets all visitors courteously with respect to social, cultural, and ethnic needs, as evidenced by supervisory observation
- Positively interacts with all members of the health care team to meet the patient and family’s needs.
- Acts as a resource to families/visitors by providing information about hospital services and city information (as appropriate).
- Demonstrates control in stressful situations and involves appropriate departmental representatives and resources necessary for effective problem resolution as evidenced by supervisory observation.
- Coordinates area communication systems and procedures.
- Completes secretarial duties and assigned special projects.
- Participates in achieving hospital/unit goals.
Skills & Requirements
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including any booster dose(s) of the COVID-19 vaccine recommended by the Centers for Disease Control when eligible, is required for all employees unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Required H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred 2 years related experience and 6 months experience in a medical office or hospital environment
Texas Children’s first health care location in Austin, Texas Children’s Urgent Care West Gate, opened in March 2018, providing high quality pediatric-focused care after hours and on weekends. There are now more than 10 Texas Children’s Pediatric primary care practices in the greater Austin area bringing world-class pediatric services to children and their families. Our Specialty Care Center in Austin includes a multidisciplinary group of pediatric specialists committed to providing comprehensive care across a wide spectrum of services, including allergy and immunology, cardiology, ophthalmology, rheumatology, pulmonology, neurology, and more. Texas Children’s also plans to build a 360,000-square-foot freestanding hospital for children and women, set to open in 2024.
Our thoughtful expansion into Austin will help support a pediatric population of more than half a million and keep kids healthy and happy from birth to adulthood.
To join our community of more than 14,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
Texas Children’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions at Texas Children’s without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Location: Austin, TX
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 23:43:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!