Job title: Clerical Assistant 2 – Troop A, Greensburg
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
Are you a motivated administrative support professional looking for a new opportunity? The is seeking a Clerical Assistant 2 to provide clerical support by ensuring the Station’s clerical/administrative operations are conducted efficiently and effectively for Troop A, Greensburg.
Take your career to the next level with the Pennsylvania State Police! Apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a Clerical Assistant 2, you will provide clerical support to the Station Commander and other station personnel by ensuring the Station’s clerical/administrative operations are conducted efficiently and effectively.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday – Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Salary: Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will begin employment at the starting annual salary of $34,621.00 (before taxes).
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Six months as a Clerical Assistant 1 (commonwealth title); or
- Graduation from high school; or
- An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- One year of experience using Microsoft products such as Word and Excel.
- One year of experience proofreading and editing various types of materials for grammatical correctness and completeness.
- One year of experience preparing and formatting various correspondence, forms, and reports.
- One year of experience processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- One year of experience utilizing various office equipment such as a personal computer, copying machine, facsimile machine, and postage meter.
- One year of experience working in a position that required processing invoices, payments, and managing financial accounts.
- One year of experience working in a position that requires maintaining a filing system.
- You must pass criminal history and background investigations.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at . Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $34621 – 50915 per year
Location: Greensburg, PA
Job date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 08:10:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!