Job title: application developer sr.-Data Platform Services
Job description: Now Brewing – application developer sr! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by delivering and supporting technology solutions for Business Systems Development initiatives. As an application developer senior, you will collaboratively identify, design, develop and deploy technology and process solutions establishing key business capabilities and platform features, enabling the realization of strategic initiatives and operational improvements. This role requires deep technical expertise, domain proficiency, platform depth, and leadership. Typical activities include requirements analysis, solution design, technical development, and process improvement coupled with the ability to drive efforts and solution improvements effectively across various IT and business functions. In addition to delivering new technology and enhancing/supporting existing systems, an effective application developer senior contributes relevant technical, functional, and process expertise, negotiates and drives alignment, and coaches and mentors less-experienced developers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As a Senior App Developer in Data Platform Services you will be responsible for managing and maintaining Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP)’s self service BI reporting solutions. EDAP is petabyte scale data platform enabling analytics for data driven decision making . You will be contributing towards building Analytics Maturity at Starbucks to empower our stores with actionable insights to drive business. This role evolves around but not limited to administering and developing operational best practies for Data Analytics and reporing platforms like Alteryx, Tableau, Microstrategy, Salesforce and Power BI.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Technical Design and Implementation
- Collaborates in planning, decomposing, estimating, scheduling, prioritization and resource allocation exercises. Mitigates risk with prototypes for complex problems as appropriate.
- Develops software solutions to business problems. Leverages established design patterns and coding standards. Builds solutions that are secure, durable, scalable, flexible, and accessible and proactively mitigate against production support issues.
- Automates test coverage per platform capabilities and requirements. Establishes and maintains continuous build and integration testing on applicable platforms and assists with manual system and integration testing efforts.
- Key contributor and driver in the deployment approach, including planning and execution, data conversion approach, script development and execution, warranty period and transition of the solution to the platform’s operational context.
- Operates in both waterfall and Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies.
- Coaches and mentors other application developers learning new skills and technologies.
- Exhibits leadership courage with respectful, articulate positions to influence critical technology solutions.
- Proactively participates in helping shape candidate solutions on the platform. This consultative part of the role explores the business capability portfolio to guide and direct solution options to ensure health of the platform.
- Plays a creative role in the Platform Stewardship portfolio. Contributes to the vision, roadmap, and platform investments needed to take our business solutions to the next level
- Partners with cross functional teams, such as Infrastructure, Security, Architecture, QA and key Development teams, to strengthen and elevate the platform from a technology perspective. Successfully drives designs and solutions through enterprise processes and governance to ensure compliant, secure and supportable solutions.
- Contributes to the platform development community by providing input, content and feedback on design patterns, coding standards, and shared libraries.
Production Support for application and platform components
- Fulfills responsibilities for on call support, including potential coverage of pager rotation.
- Collaboratively and effectively diagnoses, troubleshoots and remediates incidents and problems to support the end user community. Initiates and leads root cause analysis efforts to identify and implement solutions to operational issues.
- Creates, maintains and reports operational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on items such as performance, service incidents and tickets set forth by the organization leadership. Identifies systemic problems that need holistic solutions and feedback into platform roadmap exercises.
- Creates and maintains documentation supporting training, system administration, deployment, and operational processes and procedures.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 07:59:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!